1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pro 1 Hide Paste Application Ques.- can you thin it a little?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Gary B., Aug 14, 2017.

1. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

For you that use Pro 1 hide paste is there a easier way to apply it to mannikins other than using my old hands to lather it on? My hands are cramping up- can you thin it just a little and use a brush etc? What can you thin it with? Or maybe use a squeegee spreader or something???

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Gary, I take a paint stirrer in my drill and whip it up some to make it easier to apply. I know not if it is advisable to thin it.

3. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    You can thin it with Sherwin Williams VOV 555. I have done it many times.

4. DOUG H

DOUG H Member

Do the same on drill,bought it from home depot

5. I use Roman 880, 50/50 the next day it will be almost as thick as the Pro-1 but spread easier.

6. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I had the same problem trying to brush it on. I now use latex gloves and apply it by hand. It works for me

7. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

I have been using latex gloves and spreading it, but my old hands are starting to rebel- maybe time to slow down some - I will try to thin it with 555- thanks everyone

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Take a 16 inch piece of 6 gauge wire and bend it into a fancy "7". Then use your drill to thin it out. I use a 1 inch chip brush with in on the face, lips, and nostrils. Latex gloves is a must with any chemical - including glues.

The bent wire is MUCH easier to clean.

9. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

X2

10. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Find an easier spreading paste if your hands hurt Buck eye supreme spreads with a paint brush . ;)

11. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Don't wanna sound like a jerk but if it cramps your hands how the heck do you sew?