I have noticed mold in my deer ears when I go to finish them. I do my taxidermy work in my basement and have a dehumidifier running most of the time. I use earliners and remove the cartilage from my ears but leave the ball of the ear on which is put down into the plastic earliner. The last few deer that I went to finish I have noticed some green mold growth down on the ball of the ear. I use Roman 555 for my hide paste. Would it be the excess 555 that is molding or would be the ball of the ear itself? Have considered removing the ball of the ear on my next mounts but not sure on how that would work and look as far as mounting the ear and just having an open ear inside. Any input on this or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sprayed a little Mold-X down in the ears but don't know if this will take care of it since it is already there.