1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

closed mouth Boar

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by steewrestler, Aug 19, 2017.

1. steewrestler

steewrestler Member

who makes a video for a closed mouth boar hog I've mounted open mouth but the closed mouth kind of makes me a little nervous because of the teeth placement on an open mouth you have a jaw set on a closed mouth all you have is the teeth, and how to place them in the mouth of the form drill a hole and fill with bondo or glue or what if anybody has any knowledge of how to complete this process please let me know thank you in advance.

2. Ive only done one closed mouth boar but I can share with you what I did. So the form came in two pieces. the lower jaw was a piece and then the rest of the animal was one piece. I just used bondo to attach the lower jaw and cut a slit like I would to tuck the lips on a deer, but you have to make the slit for hogs a little larger. Then I mounted the hog and tucked the lips, around where the tusk were going to be I used super glue. Then I let it dry for 7-10 days. After it was dry I used a drill bit that was just slightly smaller than the ends of the teeth. I test fit the teeth and once I was happy with the positioning of them I pulled them out and put 5 minute epoxy in the opening and placed the teeth. I held them until the epoxy set up. You have to be careful to not let any epoxy run out of the other side of the mouth though, so I would recommend only drilling one set of teeth holes at a time. Hope this helps