1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

why

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by hairy perch, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Why is it when you see armadillos, you only see full grown ones,and never any with their babies. Never have I seen a dead baby along side of the road. And I have never seen a baby while hunting. Always full grown ones

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Hmmm .. must be related to pigeons.

They do exist. Seen footage of them a few times when someone found a lost one. Otherwise those adults would just be dropping from trees.
    [​IMG]

3. jcrichardson617

jcrichardson617 New Member

I've seen one once, out of hundreds of armadillos. Lone baby walking down the road.

4. btr

btr Member

When birds leave the nest, they are already full size. The only way to see a baby pigeon is to look in a pigeon nest. Don't know about dillos.

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I've never seen baby carp either. :)

6. Maybe dig up a nest and find one. But that might be cruel to mom

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

LOL. I have raised all manner of fledgling birds from crows, hawks and owls to chickadees and hummingbirds. All too young to fly and some didn't even have feathers. Many times, baby birds fall out of nests and you either see them dead on the ground or sitting ducks for many predators. Out of all the species I have had, I've had one, butt ugly, baby pigeon brought to me to raise. I've been under many bridges and building ledges where I know they are nesting but never seen one on the ground. Either the babies are too smart to fall out or maybe how the nests are built are just solidly safe and keep them in there. We know they must exist .. just something that is never or rarely ever seen.

Baby dillos seem to be kept hidden away in an underground nest. They don't seem to follow mom around much the way coons and other critters do. I would be tempted to pick one up if I ever saw one but the leprosy thing is a bit much for me. Things that have teeth and bite don't deter me at all but there is something about nasty diseases that causes a pause for thought.