1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Latest video on a lady taxidermist

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by PA, Aug 22, 2017.

1. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Mickey Kwapis and Steve Sullivan are covered in this piece on taxidermy. I met Mickey last year at the NTA. She is still young and has lots to learn, but then everyone has lots to learn. Much of the video may be old footage. Steve Sullivan who was a friend of Cur, left the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum at the Chicago Academy of Sciences and accepted a job at a museum in Miami Ohio way last August.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8p-Oq9D60

I will have to get a better ice-cream scoop to remove the insides of my specimens.

2. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Social media continues to amaze me. This video was uploaded on August 17, less than 2 weeks ago and it has been viewed over 112,721 times. There has been 627 comments specifically on this video. On the taxidermy.net it has been here in this post for over a week and viewed only 338 times as of this morning. I don't think this indicates the taxidermy.net is not providing a valuable service, which I do indeed believe it does. It is just that the messages that professional taxidermists espouse here will be dwarfed by the perceptions given by a short film like this. Statements made on Mickey video, and how she portrays what she considers great taxidermy pieces will have more impact on the general public that the excellent taxidermy pieces shown at the World Show, NTA show and other great venues in many of the states that have conventions.

I can't believe my comment on the ice-cream scoop didn't even elicit a response. Maybe I should have criticized what UPS charged for shipping the ice-cream scoop, versus what USPS would have charged...

3. Cool video!

4. Allie

Allie Member

PA, I think it's time you start your own Youtube channel. Of course, it should be called the Ice Cream Scoop.

5. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Most of the comments on there look like they're coming from 14 year olds.