1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fur Dressing Express ( Houston Tx.)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by buckfever*, Aug 29, 2017.

1. I'm sure all of you have been watching the news unfold around Houston Tx. , as have I.
    Not until just this past few minutes did I remember, I have skins at Fur Dressing Express in Houston.
    I feel like its a safe bet there flooded as well. With a total loss of skins and or equipment.
    This hurricane is going to have a far reaching effect, I know i'm not the only one with skins at that facility.
    Would any one have any information about them? Got my fingers crossed they aren't effected. It a long shot I know!

2. gab

gab Active Member

I just came to the same realization.Would like to hear any news if anyone knows anything

3. The phone has had a busy signal all day. Thats to be Expected, or just dead .

4. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

I don't know any of this by firsthand experience but would think they are in a bad way. I'm on the east side of Houston and have gotten 44" of rain since last Friday. That area of west Houston is on the news right now covering the flooding of the Addicks reservoir. They are located on the NW corner of it so I expect it to be not good. Disclaimer: This is just my thoughts not facts

5. Received at tex sayin the area looks like a lake right now. They do not have any information on the business it self. But its all but ,Obvious they are in a bad way.
    I have already notified my customers of proably loss of skins. All have been very understanding.
    The best we can do is wait and hope for the best for them.

6. gab

gab Active Member

Talked to ron today.Hides should be ok.All equipment was under water.going to assess damage in next few days

7. gab

gab Active Member

Talked to Ron today.Today is their first day back of production.He's operating at 50% right now due to some of the equipment not surviving flooding.All hides are ok.Lost his office but had everything backed up.He mainly wants everyone to know he is up and running and receiving hides.Plans to be at 100% production very soon

8. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

I hate to say this but I'm sure glad I got the longhorn backhide before all this mess started.... I hope Ron gets everything going at 100% soon I have some other stuff to send......