1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ham Beatles in my colony.

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Moyergr45, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Moyergr45

Moyergr45 New Member

I have Ham Beatles in one of my colonies. Is it a loss? Thanks for the help!

2. Fought mine several times over 18 month peroid. Finally gave up and destroyed both of my freezer set-ups and got a new freezer and set it up. Bought 2,000 new beetles from Ken at Bugsandbones taxidermy in Washington. Wish I had done this 18 months ago. If you only have a few you can try picking them out on a daily basis but if was a waste of time for me. Like I said I had to trash 2 freezers because they will get in any crack and crevice and when you buy new ones those little buggers will come out and start all over again

3. Moyergr45

Moyergr45 New Member

Thank you for the input! Luckily this is just one of my colonies so I won't have to completely restart. Do you think I would have cross contamination if I picked through the Beatles in the tank and started a new colony in a different freezer with them? I hate to see the whole batch go to waist. Thanks again!!!

4. If you get all beetles and no larve. I thought I only had one tank infected so I cleaned it out and started over again to no avail, because as I stated before those little Bastards find all the cracks and crevices and will come back out into your new colony. I actually trashed both freezers and got a new one. Now I am looking for another one on craigslist to start a second colony when the first one is built up, enough to take some out