1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

fatty salmon

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by den007, Sep 13, 2017.

1. den007

den007 Active Member

30 x 21........anything out there even close as far as a replica?????

Attached Files:

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Yes Dennis! Ironically, I just landed a Lake Michigan Coho Replica job with my customer's Coho registering in at 28x21. He settled for a 31x20. And this supplier also has several other Coho's in that "Fatty" size range. It looks like yours might be a Coho too? Even if it's a King, you can swap them. But, that sure looks like a Coho to me but hard to tell from this angle. Anyway, enough suspense - I'll save you some legwork. Mckenzie's Ron Reynolds line has some big arse "Ho's". Not sure of the quality, but I'll be finding out - lol! Many of the Realfish/RR blanks were very nice....

3. den007

den007 Active Member

Well Marty, customer claims it is a coho. Maybe we are talking about the same guy. First name Jason? Last name Polish beginning with a K?? Chicago area?

Let me know.

4. FishArt

Yep, that's him Dennis! Oh well, at least you now know where to get ridiculously big Coho's now. Is your email addy on your website? I can email the Excel spreadsheet of the Reynolds blanks if you'd like?

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I need to bring you two down here and lock you in my shop to skin and mount fish for a month!

6. FishArt

In a month that's like two fish for ME Cecil - lol! I'm doing more and more replicas these days and my back ain't complainin'! Herniated disc doesn't help matters!

7. den007

den007 Active Member

Thanks Marty. I'm too old to come over so we can beat the snot out of eachother. You found the fish fair and square, I will just have to go without eating now for lack of income. LOL

8. FishArt

Yep, I'm retiring after this one Dennis! ;)

9. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I miss Ron Reynolds he had some real nice repros .McKenzie bought him out and has his molds but they never learned to make them as good as Ron made them. Good luck, JL

10. Wow! That's insane.