1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for Pronghorn Antelope Manikin with wider face

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tamie, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Tamie

Tamie Member

I've heard that there is quite a difference in the size and shape of pronghorn faces between regions/herds, which I've found to be true. I ordered a couple of manikins for two pronghorn antelope bucks that have big, broad faces. The manikins fit great in neck, body and even nose to eye, but the width of the face is way to narrow. So my question is for those who have mounted lots of pronghorn antelope, have you noticed a particular line of manikins that are broader in the face than others? Thank you!

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I haven't but if you click on artistic explorations at the top of the page Dennis gives you a step by step tutorial on widening a deer head, it is adaptable to pronghorn.

3. LarryL

LarryL Member

Try the research heavy headed series. Larry

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yep, Research Mannikins has a heavy head that I have used. It's quite a bit larger.

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I believe the reason that Research Mannikins produces this larger headed antelope is that there is a sub species of pronghorns peculiar to the state of Oregon that have the heavy head characteristic. Since Research Mannikins was based in Lebanon Oregon, it makes since that they would make a head that fits them.

6. Tamie

Tamie Member

Thank you, I'll take a look at Research.