1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

commercial tannery

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by WILD_BUNCH, Sep 18, 2017.

1. WILD_BUNCH

WILD_BUNCH New Member

Im in need of a tannery. Id like any advice i can get from you guys on past experiences and who everyone prefers to use to wet tan hides.
    Ive searched and searched the forums just haven't found much on the companies taxidermist use.

2. Emers48

Emers48 Active Member

I also need recommendation for a good tannery especially with dry tans. The only one that seems to be trustworthy is Wildlife gallery but since I'm just a starting taxidermist, there are out of my price range.

3. Glenn M

Glenn M Well-Known Member

I have used Carolina Fur Dressing for 30 years....http://www.carolinafurdressing.com/

4. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Carolina Fur Dressing - good choice. Try H&H Fur Dressing (Uses a Syntan Tan) or K&K Fur Dressing both in Michigan! Both are very reliable and consistent!

I do not recommend which Tannery to use - but if you want a list of USA Tanneries available - please go to the top right hand side of this same Screen and you will see a box labeled "Quick Links". Click on Suppliers and you will notice a Link listing comes up saying "Wholesale Tanning". It is a listing of all the available Tanners that we all use. It gives you access to their location and address - but you must contact them, if you have any particular concerns. They usually also list their e-mail address and/or Website!!

Bruce Rittel

5. Emers48

Emers48 Active Member

Thank you!

6. WILD_BUNCH

WILD_BUNCH New Member

thanks for the suggestions. ill have to look these guys up