1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Merinos

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Taximan2016, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Taximan2016

Taximan2016 Member

Man I hate these things but this one cleaned up good.

Attached Files:

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Nice ! I need a cape for one I have . Tried to buy one from someone in the for sale section thought we had a deal and then he never massaged me back where to send the money . You don't have a extra cape you'd sell do you ?
    Tommy

3. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I tried stretching one like I do a deer hide and it split open

4. Taximan2016

Taximan2016 Member

No I don't have an extra cape sorry. Here he is all finished

Attached Files:

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Came out great. Hardest part of the turd, filthy, dirt filled coat is getting a tannery to take them and get them clean.

6. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    what method have you found to clean all the burrs out of them and sticks etc??? I have always just used "Time" and hard work. any better way???

7. Taximan2016

Taximan2016 Member

Here's your million dollar solution.... power washer with a turbo tip!

8. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    power wash with the hair on the outside??? I would think that would cause slippage but maybe not. The last one I did I used wire brushes, scissors as needed (which I didn't like) and TIME. I guess the power washer is no different than the wire brush and proof is in the pudding here..Did you bleach at all in the process with Peroxide? if so at what step?.....thanks for the info

9. Taximan2016

Taximan2016 Member

The power washer got it pretty clean and then used peroxide and basic white after it was mounted Having a turbo blower speeds up the drying a lot