1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

21x19 Smallmouth Blank needed

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jimmy Lawrence, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

I am in need of a 21x19 Smallmouth Bass blank. I've checked all the normal places, with no avail. I've seen the pictures, the guy isn't stretching the tape. It pulls 21x19 and was released to swim another day

any help?

2. rp

rp Member

Maybe Bryan Russel has one

3. rp

rp Member

Rich Benedict had a 22x16.5

4. rp

rp Member

Rick Hardy had a 23x18

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Is this fish from Grand Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan by any chance Jimmy? If so I tried to get a blank for a fish like that for one caught in the bay and never found anything that girthy.

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Not sure where it was caught. Great lakes somewhere. I'll call Rick hardy and see what he has. Not super hopeful.

7. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

When the girth of a fish gets close to the length it's never a good sign for finding a blank. That is one that shouldn't have been released. There is a 21.5x 17.5 in the old r.reyolds line.

8. Jimmy Lawrence

yeah, i seen that one Don . the guy is adamant, and won't budge off the 19''. I told him the same thing, sometimes these fish gotta be killed.

I will either find one, or I won't. no money has exchanged hands, and I told him straight up, it was highly unlikely at that length , and also period.

9. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Jimmy, you might have to get creative and maybe think about using a different species all together, Largemouth and swap out the head and change the tail or even look at a saltwater species like a Snapper. Sounds goofy but I bet it can be done. and once it is painted (especially with your skills)....who would really know lol