1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" October Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" October Edition 2017!!!!!!!

A Warm Hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire! This is the anniversary month of the Week in fish pictures which has become the month in fish pictures. Thousands of fish photos from around the world had been shared and continue to inspire the Fishhead community with motivation and new ideas from fellow artists worldwide. As the host for the past 10 plus years it is my great pleasure and honor to a part of this great community!

A huge thanks to the countless contributors and to the many great folks who share in this great tradition that has been around for over a decade It is very true that we all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes in to the pursuit at being is what makes us the taxidermists we become

This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

The month in September was a goof month for photos so let’s continue the contributions! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or fishcarver!

Be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to say thank you for join me each month for each installment of the Month in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of October with a old friend from Waterford, Pennsylvania Mr. Paul Czarnecki Paul id not only an accomplished World Champion Bird Taxidermist but a equally great fish artist as well ( an my favorite boat Capt too)
    I hope you enjoy the Month of October! See you in November!!!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

Paul Czarnecki of Waterford PA!

[​IMG]

2. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

I know I am not in the same league as most of you guys , but here is cannon fodder for your eyes. I should have been a poet.

Attached Files:

3. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

LMB

Attached Files:

4. ausfish

ausfish Member

Hi all here is Brown trout replica . thanks to everyone who shares on this site I have learnt so much ..cheers Des.

Attached Files:

5. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" October Edition 2017!!!!!!!

A plastic bass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" October Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Skin mounts; bass and white crappie summer and spawning phase.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Got a bunch of fish to do this month, not sure what I will finish! Here is a chunky 19'' Arp Smallmouth.
    [​IMG]
    Closer Pic
    [​IMG]

Also taught a guy from Texas for a couple days covering Largemouth Bass techniques. We didn't have time to gloss them, as he flew out the same night we painted, but you can get the idea.
    [​IMG]

8. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Jimmy, I'd say he got his moneys worth. Nice!

9. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

Happy he is not near me! Nice detailing and scale tipping so far this month. Thanks to contributors for providing us with some thing to marvel at and be envious of.

10. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

Been a while since I've posted in here.

Here's a Mako from earlier this summer.
    [​IMG]

And here's a recent rainbow
    [​IMG]

11. bwilke

bwilke Member

Awesome mako!

12. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

[​IMG]

13. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Bass looks great glossed Gary!!

Skinmount Largemouth
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]

Replica Bluegill from Dondi. Super blank.
    [​IMG]

14. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

That's a real head, no cast!
    All the best to all fishheads worldwide.....

Attached Files:

15. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Swissfish, man, how do you DO that??? With a microscope? Totally amazing!

~S

16. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Thank you Sotired for this big compliment!
    Yes, I work with different microscopes and magnifiers, under others with this...

Attached Files:

17. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Been a long time since I last visited Taxi net ! but at long last I am back. Atlantic Salmon.
    [​IMG]

18. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

Happy to have you back J.E. Very nice fish. Activity on here has diminished over the past year.