1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Preserving Roadkill Fox?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by duskychat, Oct 2, 2017.

1. duskychat

duskychat Member

My friend contacted me yesterday about a roadkill fox/coyote looking animal she found yesterday, I looked at some pictures of it and the pelt looks fine, but the face is a little blown out and the back legs of it seem twisted and scraped. The front legs are fine and the tail are too - which is why I am thinking of maybe skinning it and tanning the whole thing, but since I haven't seen it in person, I'm not sure if I'm going to take the whole pelt or just the feet and tail.
    As of right now, I don't have any tanning solution or any knowledge of how to tan a pelt or preserve parts of an animal. Any help/advice would be appreciate as how I would go about this situation!

2. Emers48

Emers48 Active Member

If you wanted to tan the fox I would recommend using Rittles EZ tan. You would have to buy some supplies, but it is relatively cheap and will tan many animals in the future. The process is also fairly simple.

3. Emers48

Emers48 Active Member

https://www.taxidermyarts.com/documents/rittel_instructions/EZ-2000-instructions.pdf