1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coho repro

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by big J, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a Coho Repro That's 37 length and 24 girth Around 25 LBS. I looked in LCR and Arps but they don't have one.

2. rough water

rough water Member

Big river reproductions has one 36x22.5. Good guy to work with and the blank that I got had fantastic scale detail

3. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

That's HUGE for a Coho!!!

~S

4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I was contacted by the same guy there was only one coho blank I could locate that even came close to those dimensions. Truly a monster coho from the Great Lakes!

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

would love to see a pic of it. The State record is 30 lbs

6. Gus. If y.out go to Facebook, I believe his name is Jeremy Wilson and has a picture of it he sent me a pic l" all see if I can post it

7. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

He sent me a pic yesterday. His original girth measurement was a bit off. Fish is closer to the 20 in girth range

8. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Technically, you can use a King (Chinook) salmon blank and change out the head.

~S

9. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

caudel also

10. Mudbat I wonder how many other taxidermist he's contacted and dealing with

11. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Who knows probably a few. I’ve learned in my short time in the industry that if they don’t say what they want and ask how to pay within the first few sentences of a message or email that they are mostly tire kicking and price shopping

12. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Yup, forgot, good catch!

~S

13. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

You know, I was thinking this all sounded familiar!!! Didn't someone else have someone asking about an enormous, over sized Coho recently?

14. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

The Coho I have is 35x23 so the fish posted on Facebook is no where near the size he claims.

Attached Files:

• coho.jpg
      coho.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
  15. Thanks I"ll let him know if he ever contacts me again, which I don't think he will.

16. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Showed him the envision blank a few days ago. He said he was must have been measured wrong on the girth.

17. Has he contacted you since then, I hadn"t heard from him since he contacted me.

18. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

We have chatted a few times. Am I holding my breath on getting the job??? Nope!