1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Leroy Martinez

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Montanair, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Montanair

Montanair New Member

I am not a taxidermist. I am the brother in law of Leroy Martinez the guy that came up with the flexiforms in the 70's. I am writing this to inform as many as this will reach that Leroy passed away this last Saturday. He was 84 years old. A good man went home Saturday. His family is grieving at this time and would like to be left alone for now.

Terry Ross Whitehall Montana.

2. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

When I saw the posting I was afraid of the news . I first met Leroy in Casper , Wyoming in the 60's. Leroy was another person in this business that was way ahead of his time . Leroy also invented Adhears epoxy adhesive . I tested it for him while he was developing it . He made adjustments because of my tests. I have used it as a ear adhesive ever since with no drumming , also other applications as needed. His flex forms were great to work with , plus he made a great pizza.
    Rest my friend and god bless .

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of anyone's passing. We sure aren't here very long. When we get older you realize how quickly the years pass.

God bless him and Godspeed!

4. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

May perpetual light shine upon him!

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Leroy was quite the sculptor too!

I remember mounting a Mouflon Ram many years ago with one of Leroy's "change out heads". It was spot on in all respects!

My sincere condolences to you Terry and to Leroy's family and friends.

Tom McNeal

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

My most sincere condolences to Kerry's family and close friends. He was indeed a "Good man" and will be sorely missed.

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of this. I had a lot of fun with those forms over the years.

7. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Prayers sent out to the family. My fiend snd mentor Richard Christoforo introduced my to Leroy martinez in the late 80's and I was introduced to Adheres one of the greatest earlier glues out there by Mr. Martinez! He was a very nice man! God Speed to you Leroy!

Rick Krane

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

condolences to the family, he was a nice man and innovator.

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

another big part of the industry's history has left us. very sad. I can only hope he had realized how important his early contributions were to the industry as a whole both at the time and over the years.

10. Met him in the 70's. RIP

11. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

So sorry to here of his passing. We use tp see each other in the 70 's. I will alert Bob Snow. We were good friends.
    Rest in peace My friend.

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Sad to hear about Leroy's passing. Met him many moons ago. He seemed such a gentleman, and a true innovator! I still have a set of earliners he gave me during that long ago meeting! Rest in Peace, good sir ...