1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Keeping and Using Reference

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by RichMO, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Tablet with files

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Photos

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Computer

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

I am currently looking at spending the money on a new tablet and if so some are for sure better than other but if you do use one please list the brand and model....

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Rich, if you are just gonna use it for reference for the shop, go to a Pawn shop and get one that has a removable storage card. That's what I did and can take the card out, put it in a regular computer and download pics, then move them to folders in the tablet.

I turned the WiFi off (never checked to see if it worked actually), cause hooking stuff up to the internet seems to be the downfall of anything electronic (at least for me).

I think I paid 20$ for mine, cause the screen was cracked in a corner. But it has a SD slot.

3. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I prefer to print out the photos from my computer and put them in a binder. Just prefer a physical copy to look at rather than having to go to my computer. Tablets are way too much technology to me, lol.

4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I use a cheap, $40 E-Photo Frame and simply plop a USB into it to bring up whatever pics I want. I don't worry about dust or overspray as the thing is cheap and it's still kicking after 7 years now...

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Save them to computer and print out, keep them in folder, if I need to reprint, no big deal.

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I do two things on my Apple laptop:

1. I open up my files where I keep my personal pics or pics I've downloaded from Google images.

2. Look up pictures on Google images for what I need at the moment.

The laptop is nice because I can set it right beside me as I paint or whatever.

7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

The thing about a picture that’s nice is I don’t have to worry about getting timed out or plugging it in to charge the battery.
    A person does need every available resource to him though.

8. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

X2 Cecil

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I have over 45 years of photo files. when I am mounting something I pull out the file and tack up the photo's over my workbench. after just put the file back. this works for me. gives me nice large 8x10 reference shots to look at

10. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I’m sure sometime in the future we will be able to get 3D pictures or a 3D hologram as reference.

11. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one KatieC.

12. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Photos.