1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Telephone calls

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ljones, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

Do any of you get constant phone calls from google wanting you to update your free google listing .. but then tell you there is a small fee of several hundred dollars... I bet I get 10 calls a week on this

2. Re: Telephone call

Time to block that number I'd say!

3. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

Re: Telephone call

The calls don't come from just one number .. sometime local area codes other time out of state area codes

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Re: Telephone call

They are relentless. I let them go thru their pitch once. I think it was around $400/yr for them to "guarantee" that we come on the first page during a search.
    If there are 25 spots per page, how can they guarantee that? They're making everyone the same promise. How do we all make the first page?
    Didn't add up to me. I declined.

I do pay Manta to help keep my info updated and optimized across all the different search engines, mobile included. I think there are 70 or 80 of them.
    Once a month I meet with an advisor to see what else can be done for more views. With a pop up ad that appears on searches, I pay $89/mo. Our web traffic has increased many times over since using them.

5. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Active Member

They drive me insane they use local numbers and local cell numbers with names associated to the number so you feel you have to answer but than i hang up on them that is all you can do i guess. Yes i am on the no call list.

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I use to, not for a while now. I demanded to talk to a manager or higher up. I explained that I was not going to pay them to fix their mess and demanded they remove me from their call list. I was not nice.

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Another thread on that:

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,413305.0.html

I now screen my calls. If it's a customer they will leave a message. I listen and if it sounds like a message is being left I will pick up.

Thank you all here for giving me that advice.

Telemarketers have now pretty much ceased.

8. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Get them all the time also with in state and out of state numbers. Bastards.

9. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Thanks a lot, after I made my reply they started back up :mad:, Time to be even more not nice.

10. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Telemarketers don't care what you say to them. They are used to being cussed out. The next call will be from someone else from their boiler room. Best to just hang up as soon as you recognize it as a robo call or a sales pitch.

11. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I don't get mad at the caller, they are just trying to make a living too. It must work on some people or it wouldn't be a business. Sad part it these callers probably make more than most taxidermists in a year..

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

There is no way to stop them. It isn't even Google calling, they are independent companies. I talked to one once, asking what I could do to stop the calls. The guy legitimately felt bad for me, and said there was nothing he could do. Said he would take me off of their list, but assured me I was on hundreds of other lists. I hate it....not sure what to do about it however.

13. You can answer "Congratulations, you are the winner third caller at KFrog 109.9!"