1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish ID Assistance

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by jhunter13, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Should have just said it, Cecil know EVERYTHING! ;)

~S

2. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

again, if you look at the Brown trout species, all have large adipose fins. Tiger trout are smaller

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

~S

Oh no I don't! But I did memorize McClane's Fishing ecyclopedia when I was a kid in Massachusetts. Some really good fish species information in there. Came in really handy in fisheries class when we had to identify and know the scientific names of 150 species in the Great Lakes region. I already knew many of them.

[/quote]

4. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

You know, I did too because back then ( in the dark ages) there was no internet to look up reference photos of different species! Just an occasional one in a Field and Stream.

~S

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

But why with the Internet are people getting more ignorant? Have you ever read some of the stuff in the Current Events?

6. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Nope, never! I just look at pretty pictures. :p

"What does not kill me makes me stronger." F. Nietzsche. " What makes me happy, is good enough!" Me. I used to get my guts in an uproar, and all it got me was diarrhea, so I just let all that go into a little box, and I go to my happy place.

~S

7. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

In honor of Halloween, Zombie Trout! ;)

Attached Files:

8. Ahhhh......such a beautiful example of Hucho Zombesus.....

9. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Here and I thought it was Salmo Trutta Zombiensis! Some say Tiger trout, some say Brown Trout. ;D

I think you have to use fresh trout brains for bait! :eek:

~S

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

That particular species has a peculiar odor to it!