1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's going on ?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Sonnyknight, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    It has been many months sins I have really been on here. I have come on a bit every now and then I have just been cough up with things. So has any thing interesting happened that I don't know ? ( I don't really know what has happened at all lol.

Thank's Sonny.

2. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Sonny
    This site has been deader than the preverbeile doornail. Nice work on your shop area , saw it on FB. How's the DL coming ?

3. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    O ok thanks I guess wen I leave every one thinks there is no point in even coming on here ;D lol just joking. What do you mean by DL ?

4. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

DL , Drivers License ?

5. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I wish this site would pick up a little again. It's infinitely better than Facebook or wherever else people are these days.

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

x2! I refuse to do facebook. Too much drama and B.S. (so says my wife)

7. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I like Facebook for keeping up with friends and family, but for talking about taxidermy, it's not as good. Everything is there and gone so fast and not organized like here so you can search for things easily. I can come on here and look up info on just about anything I'm not sure about, or ask if I can't find the info and then refer back to the post again any time. It's a great resource. I see lots of crummy advice given on Facebook and better advice on here, for some reason.

Facebook is also addictive and full of drama, lol. Though I've seen some pretty impressive drama around here too!

8. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Katie I love your website! I retired a couple of months ago and I am in the process of mounting some of my own personal trophies. When completed, I will get them photographed and be looking to set up a website. I know we have many talented web designer/taxidermists here on the forum so I want to "keep the business local" and hire one of them.

9. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Thanks socalmountainman! I had a local web designer do my site and she did a great job. I think there are plenty of people on this forum who can do a nice website too so I'm sure you'll find someone.

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Facebook taxidermy sites tend to be for the me-better-than-you crowd and the camp followers. So guy will post a POS piece on there and everyone is going gaga over it telling them what a beautiful piece of art it is. I tend to just move one as far be it from met to bruise someone's tender ego by confronting them with the truth. The good guys are over there: Rick Carter, Bill Yox, Ken Walker but they tend to be like me. The part I hate is someone will ask you what you think, but if you tell them, they scream to high heaven and then their followers pile on.

Years ago, Ken knows I was one who adamantly opposed adding photos, but old dog learn new tricks. The same can't be said for the people running this site. You go to Facebook and with a click of the mouse, you can load pictures and movies. Now I'm not gung ho for videos, but trying to post a picture here is akin to giving a cat a bath. I think that's hurt the site. This industry ain't rocket science and there's only so many times you can tell people what type of salt they should use and that Bondo ain't an adhesive.

11. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

I left for awhile because I my taxinet forum dissappeard from my tapatalk app in my phone.. I couldn't get it back for the longest time but now I found a way but I need to always log in each time..
    I hate the webpage version of forums.. too time consuming to upload photos etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk