1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Very little wt fawn mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kickstart59, Oct 26, 2017.

1. kickstart59

kickstart59 Member

My question is this, i am doing a double whitetail fawn mount. They are very, very small. I have one mounted but to fit I had to rasp, shave and sand the hell out of the smallest form i could find for the pose i wanted. The second one will be laying down. Again the smallest whitetail form in this position is too big. BUT, there is a mule deer fawn in the pose that is much closer to the size i need. Is it posible to interchange these forms? On something so small what differences would there be?
    Hoping you guys have some ideas

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    It's just foam, regardless what form you use, make the form fit the skin. I'm sure they are close enough, if you see any differences change them.

3. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

Agreed. You will find that depending on which part of the country you live, forms will not typically fit. In Iowa I have a lot of issues with bobcat forms fitting our cats for example. But with deer our bodies are typically bigger than most of the forms around the brisket and the heads. Just take your time with it and you will be fine.