1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What do these fish have in common??

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by DocEsox, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Walking catfish......common carp......mosquitofish.....Nile perch.....largemouth bass......rainbow trout.......tilapia.....brown trout.........????

2. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Uh, They live in fresh water, can be farmed (raised commercially), and have been introduced to other countries?

~S

3. Good answer....the last part of it is headed in the right direction.

4. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Well, I was hesitant to say 'invasive' species, but if the shoe fits...

5. Give that man a cigar.......yes, all these appear on the World's 100 Worse Invasive Species......

6. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Thanks, that was fun!!! ;D ;D ;D

~S

7. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

brook trout are considered invasive in cutthroat waters out west.

8. Very true Cecil....very liberal limits and usually year round fishing for waters with brookies. Especially within the range of bull trout as the non native brookies are hybridizing and doing a number on "pure" strains of bull trout....big problem in the Flathead drainage in Montana.....

Actually the worse "invasive" species for cutthroats has and is, rainbow trout. Rainbows natively were primarily a coastal fish and the inland trout were all cutthroats.... Rainbows were originally only native (in the lower 48) to California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, a bit of Nevada and one small drainage of redbands in Montana (I have caught these cute little suckers in the East Fork of Yaak River in northwest Montana.....I am so cool... ::)). All other western states were only natively cutthroat. But cutthroats got a bad name next to rainbows and consequently, over 95% of the native range of cutthroat is gone.

Brian