1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" November Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" November Edition 2017!!!!!!!

A Warm Hello from Icy Hinsdale New Hampshire! As the Fall ushers the changes in the New England Landscapes we are reminded that time moves forward… there are opportunity for new ideas and the possibility for finding inspiration no matter how young or old we maybe. Each day that goes by the same amount of time goes with it. What we do with it is up to us! Make the most of your life as we are given a great gift! Nature in all her beauty is spectacular, let it be a first step in your development in taxidermy!

It moves me to say we live in different times for sure not juts here but all over the world. My prayers go out to the people in NYC and to all those who suffered through an appalling afternoon due to those who do not find that life is worth living in love and harmony.

A huge thanks to the countless contributors and to the many great folks who share in this great tradition that has been around for over a decade It is very true that we all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes in to the pursuit at being is what makes us the taxidermists we become

This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

The month in October was a great month for truly inspiring photos so let’s continue the contributions! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or fishcarver!

Be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to say thank you for join me each month for each installment of the Month in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of November with traditional the Largemouth Bass. This is a friend Rick Breden fish from WI who caught this in Mexico. Hers to a great November and lots of fun fish work!

Be safe and be kind to one another! See you in December!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

[​IMG]

2. Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" November Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Well i havent posted in months, sitting here looking at all the superb fish from everyone else, from oct.
    The fish quality has gone way up,
    Here are some browns i just finished.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

A redfish

Attached Files:

4. fishmaster

Gila trout display for a big box store

Attached Files:

5. fishmaster

Tiger muskie and goldfish display done with the help of Jimmy Lawrence for a big box store. There is a lake in New Mexico that tiger muskies were introduced to control the goldfish and sucker population in the lake. It makes for a very different display as I've never seen goldfish used as baitfish. Goldfish are custom molded in clusters.

Attached Files:

6. fishmaster

A grouping of huge crappie, (3.5-4lbs ) that were done for a new box store display. These were certainly some jumbos

Attached Files:

7. fishmaster

This one of my favorite displays even though I played a small part in it. This was done for a Cabelas store in British Columbia to go above the customer service booth. A guy out of Canada did the mural background and really knocked this out of the park. The pods of replica salmon and replica rocks were done by me and he tied it all together with a wonderful painting of this 32' mural.

Attached Files:

8. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Wow those sockeye are insane. That mural set it off!

9. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

All your displays are terrific fishmaster! Well done sir!

~S

10. lapoisse

lapoisse Active Member

France
    impressive fismaster

11. fishmaster

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Sorry to be hogging this months pics but I've been meaning to post this stuff for months.

Here is another Cabelas project with a painted mural background.

Attached Files:

12. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Awesome work!

13. Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" November Edition 2017!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

African Pompano

Attached Files:

15. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. makoman

makoman Member

Hi,All from New Zealand ,it's been a very wet winter down here so glad summer is just around the corner .
    Well here's a Sword head mount finished last week .
    Cheers Kev

Attached Files:

17. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Some perch replica close ups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Maineiac36

Maineiac36 Active Member

I havent posted here for a bit, but here is a Steelhead on a Rich Benedict Blank that I just finished up.

Attached Files:

19. Did not show for a while any carvings: a fishing wading staff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. fishmaster

i love that wading staff!! Nicely done