1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pressure washer for fleshing

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Sasky_bowhunter, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Sasky_bowhunter

Sasky_bowhunter New Member

Most guys I see using a pressure washer say 3000 psi. Anyone ever try less? I can get a wicked deal on a 2600 psi unit...but don't want to bother if it won't work. Anyone have experience?

2. Sasky_bowhunter

Since I couldn't get any info on it, I ended up buying a 3000 psi unit.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I think you made a wise decision. Get a good rotary nozzle, and you'll be good to go.

4. Sasky_bowhunter

Yep, I bought a Simoniz turbo nozzle.

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Where do you order/get one? I looked at TSC and Lowes doesn't know what I am talking about. Thanks!

6. Sasky_bowhunter

I am in Canada so we don't have the same stores here as you guys will. I got mine from Canadian tire. It's like an all purpose general store... Mix between Walmart and Lowes.

7. Bob

Bob Member

Its called a Turbo Nozzle and it available at Lowes, this is the Item # 183832 Model # SGY-PWA46

8. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I got one from Sears.com for 24.95. It's does a really good job!

9. Turbo Tip. I saw a video on it and it seemed to work excellent. For smaller thinner skinned animals he used a 25 degree flat tip; and as well as on turkeys. Fleshed a deer in like 3 minutes.

woakley144 likes this.
  10. boogger47

boogger47 Member

are you fleshing the eyes/ears/nose?

11. you can get away with 2600 ,but 3000 is my min I recommend , I just recently upgraded to 3600 psi after using the 3000 for 8 plus years, I buy my rotating nozzles off amazon

12. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

Pir, I found my turbo nozzle @ Tractor Supply today..... Had to rebuild my pressure washer with a new pump, tried the other tips I have and nothing worked till I found the turbo tip at TC for about 35.00 and WOW!!! What a difference!!!!! Going to do all my deer like this, I can get one fleshed in about 15-20 minutes compared to an hour -- hour-and-half using the knife... and it gets the hide super white!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018