1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Least weasel

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by ice, Nov 5, 2017.

1. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Still looking for a “least” weasel. Have had some responses that mistakenly offered me short-tailed ermine. The least weasel will have a very short, rather stubby tail making up about 15 % of total length. The tail tip will have a few black hairs, but not the well-defined black tip of the short-tailed, whose tail is about 25% total length. The least is smaller, but a juvenile short-tailed can be similar; the tails are significantly different. I will pay up to $40 for a genuine least weasel, frozen whole, so if you catch one take a photo of the tail and call me.

Alaska Hide and Fur
    907-598-4387

2. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

I had seen a picture of one recently caught and am trying to find out who it was.It was definitely Least but brown,though recently caught in one of the Northern States like MI.I'll hook you guys up if I find him.We have some sporadic ones here so I'll try to target some tiny tracks and see what happens as well.I've not caught one but haven't tried either.I do see some very tiny tracks with short strides so I suspect there are a few on my trap line.

3. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Thanks much.

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

have bought a few at 100.00 ea...so 40.00 probably wont get you one....just sayin...

5. ice

ice Active Member

Alaska
    Wow, had no idea. I could not find any ESA issues with them; any you know of?