1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

allergic reaction

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by little fred, Nov 8, 2017.

1. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

Come to find out I am allergic to apoxie sculpt my hands are itchy in my eyes then my eyes swell up is there any other product similar that is able to do finish work with.. any help would be grateful

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Lots of Taxidermist wind up allergic to ES .

Look at Reynolds Advanced Materials..Free Form Sculpt, and Free form Air. I have only used Reynolds Materials, but know several guys who are severely allergic to ES. Not sure if anyone that has been found allergic to ES has tried the Reynolds product and seen if they have the same reaction.

3. pair of gloves are cheap and would alleviate the problem, no?

4. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

used 2 pair of glove's and triple washed my hand's after I used it.. :'(

5. DocCole

DocCole New Member

Antler sculpt might work??

Contact dermatitis is typically the result of coming in contact with an offending agent. It usually stays for several hours into a few days. Also it typically only causes issues where it touches the skin.

If it lasts less then a couple hours I would be looking at other causes. Also please be careful. If its a true allergic reaction then every exposure to the offending agent can cause more histamine to be released and can cause anaphylaxis. Might be worth a talk with your local doctor to be safe.

Just know that allergic reactions, hives, and the such can be very very difficult to figure out the cause. Also you might find more allergies in the future.