1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life Size Badger Mount

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by backcountryhunter18, Nov 20, 2017.

1. backcountryhunter18

backcountryhunter18 New Member

I'm getting ready to mount a badger here pretty soon, and I already know what I want to do with it. I found a mount that I really like and I'm going to try and imitate it, but I cannot figure out what form was used on this mount. I'm wondering if anyone on here would possibly know what form was used on this mount. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. That looks like it could have been mounted on an altered BD-4 form from the McKenzie catalog or even possibly an altered L-10 from Research Mannkins

3. Bigotto46

Bigotto46 New Member

I have been mounting game heads for 5 years and am about to do my first full body badger for a guy. He wants to be able to have the mount on his desk holding his business cards. Obviously, there will be some form modifications that I will have to do but would love if anyone could provide information on the best way to do the full body.

Specifically, doing the paws correct when skinning and fleshing, best option (tube it, dorsal, or ventral cut), and if recreating the pads on the feet is better than leaving the main (big pad). I have read a little but am having a hard time finding information on a badger specifically.

Anyone that can provide any resources please do, it would be very appreciated! This forum is awesome. I started out with one video from Helping Hands and reading a ton of posts to be able to do game heads. I am constantly reading and improving by the forum and hope that this can lead me to some valuable information to make this the best first full body mount it can be. Thanks in advance for responses.