1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

top notch bird taxidermy in W. Central WI

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by den007, Nov 25, 2017.

1. den007

den007 Active Member

I have a nice grouse to mount. I planned to send it Spee-Dee to a fellow in Illinois, but if there is anybody that is an excellent bird taxidermist near Eau Claire, Lacrosse, Tomah......somewhere in my immediate stomping ground..........I would like any recommendations. Don't feel bad about tooting your own horn if you are that person.

2. nate

nate Active Member

Mike Nakeilski of Mikes pro taxidermy comes to mind. He’s in iron ridge.

3. den007

den007 Active Member

Superior work for sure! Looking for a closer drive though. Farther north, and farther West............Eau Claire, Menomonee, Tomah, Lacrosse, Sparta, Nielsville........all pretty close.

4. Tim Babros of Marshland Memories Taxidermy in Galesville, WI does excellent birds. Cell 608 769-4410

5. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

Sent you a pm

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Thanks all. Lots of good leads here. I talked with Tim Bobros and we are meeting in Black River Falls tomorrow. He knows this area really well as far as trout fishing and duck hunting, and I plan to learn a lot from him about the ins and outs of these activities around here. HIs work looks top notch.

7. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

grouse are not easy to mount correctly.......studied under Ken Asproth...best grouse taxidermist in the USA possibly the world....to get to him or I you would have to ship or come to twin cities