1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Overseas Shipping/Exporting Advice Please?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by midnightwolfdesigns, Nov 27, 2017.

1. midnightwolfdesigns

midnightwolfdesigns New Member

Hello All,

I'd love to hear your advice on a topic that has me stumped! I do soft sculpture taxidermy, and very VERY strictly do not offer international shipping as I do not care to deal with the documentation or hassle of obtaining permits for export. I have a gal who has been begging me for months to buy a wolf and have it shipped to Australia. I stressed that I would not be willing to export - But I told her that if she wanted to do the leg work, and find an exporter who would BUY the wolf from me, and then re-sell to her, that should be okay as it would be out of my hands at that point. I was 99% sure that I would not hear back on the topic, just due to hassle factor and cost on her end.... Well, I was wrong. She DID find someone willing to buy a wolf for her, and export. I do not yet know who the exporter will be.

So now I am second guessing myself... Could I still be held liable for anything that may arise in the export process? I mean, let's say I sell the wolf legally to someone in the US and they turn around and export it.... and it gets stopped at customs..... I just don't want any chance of getting in the middle of any sort of export fiasco!

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I know just enough about this topic to know that it is serious business, and I don't want to get myself in any trouble just because someone in Australia is desperate to get one of my wolves.

IUNGO Export Services likes this.
  2. The Real Kiwi

The Real Kiwi New Member

Hi,
    Never be a first, second or third party in sending anything that can be construed by the dimmest of the dim as part or all of a C.I.T.E.S. listed animal. Australia would be the worst country for such dealing's. If hunters / taxidermists come over to New Zealand we normally tan there skins and clean there skull's before they dare take them home but with correct paper work it is normally fine. If it has wolf written on it they will stop it for sure. Just not worth in unless she is prepared to go through a registered international broker all done by the buyer, not just Joe on the street. Hope this settles it as you will all lose.

3. Hello Midnight Wolf Design, I know this is an old post, but hopefully this can help you in the future. We have successfully exported Wolves; Tanned Skins and Full sized mounts to Australia and European countries with no problem. We export it under the hunter's or buyer's name so, there is no liability under the Taxidermy.
    For further questions or inquiries, you can email us at [email protected] or visit our website at www.iungo-tcs.com for further information.
    Thank you.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

As you appear to be very new, and slamming the other hunting sites as well as here with your same, advertising posts. What documentation do you offer to prove, or at least demonstrate, that you have any experience exporting anything to Australia or any other European countries. As a new company, you would not honestly have any experience at all. If you have been in business for years under a different name, and do have the experience, what name was your company registered under and what state was it registered in? What names of taxidermists or outfitters have you worked with?