1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who is mounting JR's deer .....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kerby Ross, Nov 29, 2017.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Bill, I mounted a deer I shot, does that count? ;) I'm a legend in my own mind, the rest of the world just hasn't figured it out yet. :mad:

2. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    With my fleshing business ive been asked by taxidermists not to repeat any names that I have because usually every cape has hunter info. Ive done some
    big name people that have hunted in Ohio and nobody knew. The biggest reason they tell me is they don't want a shop full of people wanting to see
    the horns ect. Not worth the hassle I actually have a couple big names here right now.

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

have worked on mounts for Babe Winkleman,Jerry Mathers,Tom Kruz, Micheal Sieve, hasnt got any benefits for me.

4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

But you got to meet the Beeeev!!! ;)

5. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Used to do state record fish for free. What a dumb move that was. Never again.

1. You are the first one that gets forgotten.

2. They will hound you to get it done sooner.

6. byrdman

7. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

I've mounted for a few celebrities (Tennessee, think country music) and they all came to me. Did not make a big deal of it or use it to promote my business. Treated them the same as a regular customer and they all paid full price. No big deal!!

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I mounted a celebrity woman once...

Oh wait you said mounted for. Sorry misunderstood. :-[

9. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

If JR was any kind of guy, he would pay you top dollar for the mount and offer to give you an endorsement for free as icing on the cake (provided he is happy with your work!). If I was rich and famous, I would bring good people who deal with me along as well. Maybe Im just a fool. Thats how I treat people who treat me good.

10. EA

EA Well-Known Member

2 Time BassMaster AOY Gerald Swindle's man cave.
    Wonder who is doing his deer. Some are his wife's trophy's.

[​IMG]

11. byrdman

the big question is ..... who shot jr....