1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" December Holiday Edition 2017!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Very nice Walleye real natural looking fish Paul

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Nice walleye and bass!

3. ausfish

ausfish Member

Hi all here is Mia Mia I just finished its for young bloke for xmas. Wishing everyone a safe and happy xmas and new year...cheers Des.

Attached Files:

4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

24 in male spawning Dolly
    [​IMG]

5. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

White perch replica. [​IMG]

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Great work Ryan!!! Who's blank is the white perch?

7. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Thanks jimmy. I got the blank from cole. It’s a 13 in white bass mold he had.

8. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

....the hell is a whiteperch anyways? ;) Looks good my man!

9. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

. I heard that a lot looking for a blank that will work! Pretty sure I told the customer that when he asked about having it done.

10. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Mudbat, it seems like it was not so long ago that you were saying you were just starting, NOW look at you. Super work pal!!!

~S

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

More outstanding work! Impressed!

12. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Have a great New Year

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Love that striper

14. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

CC here in NH we have yellow perch, white perch and walleyes. White perch can be found in fresh water or brakish water that is mixed with saltwater in the bays and rivers. White perch are anadramous, meaning they can migrate from fresh water to salt. Mudbat's rendition is spot on for looks. Our Lake Wiinipesaukee gives up many for ice fishermen in the many coves and the Lamprey river in Exeter offers up many as it's a tidal river emptying into Great Bay. Fish caught in either waters look the same and have similar taste when fried in butter. YUM

15. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

JL - It was sort of tongue in cheek - He and I were commenting on a different group that most Midwestern folks (where hes from) don't even know what a white perch is, but like you said, Here in the Northeast they are quite common. And, as you said, Ryan did a fantastic job of it.

16. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I think Lake Erie has white perch too? I know it has white bass.

For some reason the white bass are looked down on by many folks around here from Lake Erie. They claim they don't taste good and the meat has a weird texture to it. I do wonder though how many people actually put fish to eat on ice right away. I think that makes all the difference.

17. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Ya it was a joke between Christian and myself. Most of the guys I called looking for a blank all said the same thing” what the hells a white perch?” We don’t really have them in the Midwest. Actually all that is is a white bass blank that I slightly modified to make a white perch. A white perch isn’t even a perch it’s a bass. IMO it’s just a white bass white no markings.