1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

" Game Head of the Month " December 2017

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Steven Klee, Dec 3, 2017.

1. brianmrusher

brianmrusher New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another I did for my wife. It was her first buck.

2. Re: " Game Head of the Month " December 2017

Got this one done today.

Attached Files:

3. Re: " Game Head of the Month " December 2017

Another one done.

Attached Files:

4. Boneyard33

Boneyard33 Member

Still need to do the finish work

Attached Files:

5. Shaffer; the antler set looks a little off to the right side,or is the picture angle?

6. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Well guys, I'm gonna point out a few things here.. First off, I'm never quick to offer up a critique when asked, let alone when not asked. We tend to miss so many things in a photo of someone else's work. Espicially the obstacles one may have had to overcome just to get it mounted as well as it is. For example the remark about boneyard's antler set being back... If you look past the low side to the other it's actually close to common on the other side. 90% of the deer we mount are un level and to have one side ride low, even this low is still anatomically correct. I must remind people here of the thread rule "critique free".. if you feel you must give one when one was not asked for, perhaps a PM would be more respectful.. We might also step back and take a long look at our own work before feeling we are qualified to give advice. Best, Steve

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thank you steve.

8. buckslayr

buckslayr Member

well I finished the painting, it looks just like when I shot him , wife thinks its a little too real, but, we are suppose to make them look like they were when they were breathing,I took pictures of him right after the kill so I knew exactly what was fresh blood and what was dried. thanks George for giving me the blood colors, Merry Christmas all.

Attached Files:

9. Boneyard33

Boneyard33 Member

Thanks Steve, but I dont mind...really. That rack was definitely unique in the way that it laid out so low. The main beams toward the base does appear to lay out back to much but I decided to go more off of the tines (not getting them too forward) and the ends of the main beams not to parallel to the ground. In any event, what a terrific buck this was! Just over boone and crockett gross score even will relatively short tines. Here are some finished pics.

Attached Files:

10. Boneyard33

Boneyard33 Member

-

Attached Files:

11. Boneyard33

Boneyard33 Member

-

Attached Files:

12. Boneyard33

Boneyard33 Member

-

Attached Files:

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Neat looking deer boneyard. Well done

14. Steven Klee

It is good that you have thick skin Boneyard but the "critique free" rule is placed in this thread for a reason. We are all at different levels in this gig and we don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable posting here. Also, I'm glad you posted finished pics of your mount, especially from the front as I suspected the right side of the rack runs much higher and more common. As I said before, so many are quick to critique without good observation of others work, as well as their own. Congrats on a very nice mount...

15. Boneyard33

Boneyard33 Member

I understand. Thanks Steve

16. buckslayr

buckslayr Member

thats absolutely stellar boneyard,what a beautiful deer.

17. Steven Klee

A lot of solid mounts this month, very inspirational. Here's one on an OTS semi sneak with the head altered up. Merry Christmas everyone.

Attached Files:

18. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

19. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

20. Steven Klee

Attached Files: