1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Do you have an ergonomic workshop?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kimberley, Dec 5, 2017.

1. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Socalman - most of my shop and office is made up of "freebies". It's amazing how much money big companies waste. My wife's company downsized and eliminated an office. $30,000+ grand of office furniture and other miscellaneous office supplies were free for the taking (they just had to get out of their rented space fast) This is all high end commercial grade office furniture too and we ended up getting a couple of the raised table workstations. So, if you get tired of sitting you can flip the lever and raise the table to standing height. They were over a grand new EACH! They are the best thing since slice bread for people with back issues! Credenzas, office desks, industrial fans, file cabinets, cubicle tables, you name it! ALL FREE! AND, this isn't the first company we've worked for that has done this. Two other engineering firms in years past did the same thing on a smaller scale. What's also amazing is how lazy people are. You wouldn't believe how much they put outside free for the taking because not enough employees wanted to take the time to grab things. AND many wanted a few items! Just too much effort to get it!!!

2. DL

DL Well-Known Member

https://imgur.com/a/izNhk

That lower cabinet is amazing. Anti gravitational cabnets allow you to have double the storage. Top and bottom.

3. Kimberley

Kimberley Member

Hi Aaron,
    Nice shop! Very clean. Yes, I noted the hanging electrical outlets. I've been looking into hanging electrical, task lighting and compressed air. I also like the idea of a flesher mounted on the table, with the light. Also loved the trolleys with the paper towels. I'd love to introduce that. However, that presupposes a source of paper towels. (Right now, something akin to toilet paper tissues is being used for cleanup). May I ask your permission to use the pictures of your shop for teaching purposes? In fact that request is to all you guys. I will give you credit for the pictures, can I use them?
    Aaron, you had a fish being painted. What was the headgear being worn by the painter?

-Kimberley

4. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Kimberly

Yes, go ahead and use the pictures.

The hood has fresh air piped into it. The painter does not smell any of the painting fumes and it is the safest way you can paint and use chemicals .
    However, we recently added a make up air unit to our paint booth that brings fresh air in when the booth is running ---so we rarely use the hood anymore. If the temp gets below 50 degrees, a make up air furnace built into the system kicks in. I would guess 99% of taxidermy shops do not have make up air units because of the high cost of putting them in, but they make painting very comfortable . The booth also has color corrected, explosion proof lighting and a complete fire suppression system .

Richard C likes this.
  5. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Aaron that is a beautiful operation. Wow.