1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Position Available in CANADA - Updated

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Employment' started by furcanada, Dec 7, 2017.

1. furcanada

furcanada Member

• JOB DESCRIPTION

We are seeking a full time permanent taxidermist to work in a fast pace modern environment. The successful candidate must be a team player, work well unsupervised, will have minimum 5 years of recent work experience on North American or African species in which they have attained a high level of accuracy in the recreation of wildlife, including wildlife diorama's and habitat recreation. Competition achievement at Professional level and or Taxidermy school certificate is required. Speak and write fluent English. Must have valid Drivers Licence, Passport and clean criminal record.

$ 1040 per week, $ 26 per hour, ( 40 hours per week) Overtime @ $ 39 per hour) 20 days paid holiday.
      Canadian Health Care Coverage,

For Non Canadian Residents a Work Visa is required, the company will assist you in obtaining it. One way travel expense covered by company. Please forward resume and portfolio to our address. We can also assist with obtaining a Canadian Work Visa.

For individuals wanting a short term employment contract of 2-6 months we would be interested in talking with you. We can also assist with accommodations on short term employment.

At FurCanada you will have the opportunity of working on Polar Bears, Walrus, Muskox, Moose, Elk, Cougar, Grizzly Bear, Mt. Sheep, Mt. Goat Narwhal and more As well as skeletons of these species.

Please submit resumes to:

Calvin Kania
      FurCanada / Kania Industries Inc
      C 2345 Delinea Place
      Nanaimo, British Columbia
      Canada V9T 5L9
      Tel 250 585 1800
      Emai: [email protected]
      www.furcanada.com
      www.narwhaltusks.com

2. Nesa

Nesa Preparator Nebojsa Stojanovic

Srbija
    Covering letter
    I have been actively doing taxidermy for 24 years, my first product being a pheasant in 1994. I learned the skill from an old master taxidermist from Vojvodina, Gyorgy Bizenger, who I soon started cooperating with. In the beginning, I was working on birds, big as well as small, chest of bucks, deer, wild boars, foxes, jackals, wolves etc.
    In 2004 I moved to Novi Sad, Serbia and opened my workshop which you can see on Facebook – Nebojsa Stojanovic preparator, and on Instagram – Nebojsa 97.
    In 2005 I accepted the offer to work in the museum „Institute of Nature Conservation of Vojvodina Province“ and I have been working there permanently since then. Apart from my job in the museum I also still work in my workshop. In 2007 the workshop was registered under a control number so that I could start importing from all over the world. This is when I started doing African trophies, some of them being cheetah, leopard, lion, kuda, orix, hyena, etc.
    In 2015 I started occasionally going abroad to work. So far, I have worked in the studio Gemesi Tamas in Hungary (available at www.gemesipreparator.hu) and in Denmark in the studio Mikkel Carisen (available at www.zoologisk-konservator.dk ). These are the places where I work on big animals in live form, such as lions, tigers, polar bears, giraffes’ chest, baboons, crocodiles, etc.
    In 2016 I completed a taxidermy seminar in Italy. All of the trophies in my workshop are done by myself in all the following stages: skinning, tunning, proparation of models, sewing, makeup of trophies, making dioramas and pedestals.

3. Danie Combrink

Danie Combrink New Member

Hi, is this position still available. I am a South African taxidermist with 20years experience in all aspects of the industry. Thanks Danie