1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Please look at this stand and tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by zach1030, Dec 12, 2017.

1. zach1030

zach1030 New Member

I'm looking at buying this for a mouting stand.. I'm a beginner. I found it on eBay. I'm mounting deer. Can anyone give me there opinion

Attached Files:

2. The stand I ever bought was a table top one similar to that. I still use it today for 90% of my deer. I have a few floor models for the heavier stuff.

3. The great thing about stands are they can be customized to fit any work space. Pick one that meets your needs, and build from there.

4. kickstart59

kickstart59 Member

I have that one, its nice and i have done deer on it but, nothing beats a regular stand where you can flip and spin any direction. These are limited by where they are mounted to a bench. They are great for small game heads and peds

5. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I have one similar to this also from e-bay. You have to bolt it to a front corner of your table so you can clear the table when you try to spin it. I still use it for smaller game heads but prefer my floor model from Research Mannikins. http://rmi-online.com/s-300.html . HQ Taxidermy sells a nice one for $138 also.