1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2018 Conventions????

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Gary R, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

It seems there are very few updates of the 2018 conventions being published, thus far. I see Texas, and then there are a few others listed in the "Quick Links" in the upper right of the screen. But not much else.

Does anyone have a more complete list that they've assembled? I'm just trying to preplan some things for 2018, and those plans will revolve around certain (mainly southern) conventions / competitions.

Many thanks!

Gary R.

2. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

I'm heading to OK for the OK and UTA show being held together..... Fantastic State show and to top it off UTA's National Show will be held.... In case your not aware the National UTA show is much like the WTC in that it happens only every other year (off years from the WTC). I'm not sure just who all the judges will be but you can expect WTC winners like Clint Rickey and Mike Nakielski. This will be one of the Best in the Country this year...

3. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

Yes sir, Rich! I will be there!

I love the Oklahoma show. I only started doing reproduction fish in 2016. I attended the show that year (it was my second fish to paint, and my first show ever). Had a blast, and got some great info from the judge. In addition, he told me to never compete in the commercial division again, which made me feel good! I of course didn't know what to enter, or how my piece would hold up in the eyes of a judge....being my second fish, ever. And I am NOT a taxidermist for a living. I only do reproduction fish. But he told me I could learn a lot more from my judge critique in the Pro division, and also have stiffer competition. So I went into Pro in subsequent shows, and have been learning and practicing ever since.

I don't know much about the UTA, but as you explained, it sounds like a pretty big deal. So it's cool it's associated with the Oklahoma show! I went to the WTC this year, got 2nd in Pro, and had a blast. So if it's anywhere near as cool as the WTC, I know I will enjoy it!

Had to miss the 2017 Oklahoma show, because of a crazy ass woman. I won't let that happen again! I plan to fly myself up there in 2018 (weather permitting), or I will just drive in. Can't wait for that show(s)!

For those of you reading (and I haven't had time to go to their website yet), but isn't the Arkansas show one of the first ones (in the south) each year?

Take care!

Gary

4. gwalbaum17

gwalbaum17 New Member

I'm looking for the 2018 COMPLETE convention list? It is usually posted by this time. Does anyone know when 2018 will be up?

Thanks!

5. Gary R

Gary R Active Member

Exactly. It appears the info is slow to come out this year.