1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where do you buy peroxide?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by mopsrdrawer67, Dec 12, 2017.

1. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

I was given a 5 gallon bucket of peroxide when I started doing skulls. Its some industrial stuff with no label on the white bucket, so I cannot identify the % that it is. Antway, I have been 'milking' that bucket for 3 years and its time to replace it. Where can i buy another 5 gallon bucket of good strong peroxide? and what % volume should I use?? Thanks in advance.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I would guess that you got your hands on a bucket of 35% stuff. Awesome as well as dangerous. Not sure where you can score the 35%, some get it in barrels. Next lowest strength is 27% which you can get at any supply place for pools.

3. boone90

boone90 Dan Hastings

I buy 30% from the local hydroponics shop, they use it for sterilization of grow systems in the event of disease or between grows for cleanliness.

4. triggertimetaxidermy

triggertimetaxidermy New Member

I buy my 30% and 40% peroxide at Sally beauty's, it comes in quarts or gallons.

5. The stuff from sally's is 40 volume. Not 40 percent, it's more like 10-15 percent.

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Yep. The 40 Vol is actually 12%. Not sure what the lesser Vols are bit I'd bet Google might answer it.

7. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

Thanks folks for the replys. I'm going to talk to a pool supply store and see what they can do. The percentages and volumes are confusing, I think I'm going to sit down one day in mid summer, and spen the entire day learning about peroxide!

8. Aquasilk is one from a pool store it is 35 or 37% can't remember then there is another in a blue bottle can't remember its name though but it was a little stronger both cost about $20 a gallon

9. BeerHunter14

BeerHunter14 Member

Find a dairy supply store. I have been able to buy 15 gallon of 35% for $105. Some do drop shipments, so you ships right to your house.

Go to this sight and see if you can find a place near you that carries it.

http://www.agrocheminc.com/hydrogen-peroxide/

10. You guys ARENT buying 35%. That's 35% VOLUME which is only about 12%. 35% Peroxide would have to be registered with the government. That's why most supply places sell 34%. Any good chemical supply company sells 27 or 34%.
    And don't store it in a clear container, it will turn to water.