1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Glossary of Taxidermy terms

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by PA, Dec 15, 2017.

1. IWAG----- I was a guide, I know how to cut the arm pits out of a cape.

MFWAB----- My friend was a butcher he know how to (NOT) cape a deer

IBITF------ Its been in the freezer. We wrapped this bear up shoved it in the freezer and forgot to pull the freezer in.

WTSL----- I have not paid a deposit why is my mount not done.

HAMYMCA----- How are my mounts coming along, I promise I will be in next week to pay a deposit. yea I know its been 3 years but I am going to pay a deposit.

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

lol John C. So true!

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

two-fer if I bring two birds you can mount the best one for me and keep the other so what kind if a discount for the second (shot-up) " gift" bird drift gift....... if I bring you some extra driftwood what kind of discount can I get

4. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    No kidding!! They both tick me off! One just keeps singing with his head in the can of Bondo, while the other preaches to the angles in the window light!! All the while I'm working my ass off on the "finger tip remover" to pay the bills!! ::) ::) ::)

5. CYSMD------------Can you score my deer-----------means stop what your doing to score it because if it isnt big enough i aint mounting it.
    IBITCFAM---------Its been in the cooler for a month---------means its slipping its ass off already.
    IHSPPCYHIFAW-- I'm having some personal problems can you hold it for a week--- Means its yours far ever

and my personal favorite
    IWBTIATM----I will be there in about twenty minutes-----means your waiting two hours after you have already closed for the day.

6. byrdman

WORKBENCH......the thing that's holding up your junk pile

7. Ron B

Alabama
    Clean it ...........A fanciful, if not not down right delusional concept often triggered by ones workbench!

8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

SP(send picture). Actually means send plural pictures followed by critiques of picture quality and that the animal doesn’t look like it did after it was shot, multiple times.

9. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Hey Vic, look at this:

Attached Files:

10. Gosh, I remember doing those courses/books.

11. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Hey Joe,

Nice. I always wished I had got my diploma from the course but I never sent in the photos of my work. Oh well, too late now!

12. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

WTM - Wow, that much! (Means they want you to cut them a discount from your $275.00 charge to mount their deer head mount)

MBS - My brother says...(you could do that mount for one-third the price and you are still ripping me off and making a killing on it)

13. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I kept everything, even the critique letters of my mounts. Funny thing is you can buy this stuff on e-bay but it's worth some money now!

14. byrdman

PICKLE BATH......a commonly used water based solution used in the past to remove hair from a cape or skin

15. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Pickle Bath

Hahaha that’s funny cause it’s true.

16. Ron B

Alabama

;D :) ;D :D :) :D ;D :) ;D :D :)

17. byrdman

ACRYLIC EYES...similar to glass eyes but mostly after using acrylic paint cleaner.
    HAND WRAPPED ...what you end up with airbrush hose when painting inside open mouths or bird feet or any painting from different angles
    5 MINUTE EPOXY......a substance used to anchor your mixing tools to your workbench

18. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Magic Smooth: can be washed off hands with easily with Water but can never be removed from feathers