1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail Offset Shoulder Mount Forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Saucerito, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Saucerito

Saucerito New Member

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any whitetail offset shoulder mount forms that essentially have the deer facing directly away from the wall. I'd prefer semi-sneak. Basically, I'd like to mount the deer with a left turn (direction he was facing when I shot) that faces away from the wall due to the offset rather than to the left. If he turns too far to the left, then he will face another wall, which I don't want.

The picture (McKenzie HD Series semisneak by Dennis Behn) shows what I want, but I'm not sure if the picture was taken with the camera looking directly at the wall or if it was taken at an angle.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks, Will

2. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

Joe meder full sneak does what you are looking for

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

The picture was taken with the deer looking directly at you, if taken looking directly square at the wall the deer would have his head to the left. a few companies make a curios semi sneak which has a sort of curve to the neck but look straight out from either side. Revolution and Head Quarters has them I believe. Most companies make the form off set and the head turning back into the off set is to keep it balanced on the wall. The Meder form Jay suggest is very close to what your looking for but needs 2 hangers, or a special one, to keep the mount from spinning on and off the wall if it has a big heavy rack.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Use a wall pedestal form.

5. Saucerito

Saucerito New Member

Thanks, the Revolution Curious Alert Semi Sneak is what I'm looking for but I think it only comes in a right turn.

6. evil x

evil x Member

The curious alert is actually listed as a "straight". No turn to them, just adding a little sway to the neck to get away from the stiff look.

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Research Mannikins not quite 90 degree offset white tail by Mike Frazier.

8. schenk

schenk Member

Semi sneak sweep in joe Coombs May work.

9. John L

John L Active Member

8400 right turn.jpg I like this one 8400 from Mckenzie. My first time using this form. I like it and I am square with the wall in this pic.