1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

looking for tropical fish blanks

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rogerst, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

I am looking for blanks or molds from tropical fish. Cichlids and Catfish mostly.
    Thanks

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Try Josh Knuth?

http://www.knuthart.com

3. den007

den007 Active Member

New Wave has a selection..........other than that, hound the pet stores........easy enough to mold when you find what you want.

4. den007

den007 Active Member

Speaking about "stagnant waters." You give good advice to someone seeking it on here, and no reply. I don't think folks would do this in person or on the phone. Just modern day, Internet lack of gratitude, total disconnect from meaningful interaction. No wonder it is stagnant. So for that person seeking advice about where to get replicas of odd fish........hey, Google it next time.

5. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Dennis, don't be so grouchy dude! Just ASK if he has found what he's been searching for. :)

And yes folks, if you ask, and we answer, we sure do like to know what you find!

~S

P.S. Merry Christmas Dennis! :)

6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

It may be a generational thing.

For those of you that have gone through the McDonald's drive up how may of you get a "You're Welcome" after saying "thank you" when they they repeat your order back to you, give you a total, and tell you to proceed to the window? I've counted only twice since I've I've been through the drive up in recent years. And I complement them when they do it!

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Mike @ New Wave had a ton. Many not listed as well. I would check there . As well as Rick Hardy @ Unique Species.

8. X2

9. Rogerst

Rogerst Member

Den, that was not good advice, and it is not generational.

I am very active in the Tropical Fish trade and can promise you that you will not be treated favorably if you ask for the prize large fish with the eye on killing them and molding them.

I have also been doing taxidermy and molding fish a long time, even spent a week with Rick Krane in New Hampshire and was hoping someone had a blank or mold I could use without breaking the bank

Finally, I don't troll this page often like you and did not see your response until a few minutes ago.

Thank you Den, Thank you for the amazing advice that was so rudimentary that it is laughable, but my god! thank you for responding to me.

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Roger don't blame Den completely. I was thinking the same thing. ;)

11. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

What kind of fish do you like to keep? Do you like more freshwater or saltwater? I was really active in the fishkeeping hobby for a number of years, got out of it, but feel the bug biting again.

I've kept a little assortment of a ton of different kinds of stuff, from livebearers to crazy Peruvian fish. Got into keeping reef tanks, and then operated a coral farm for a while!

C

12. den007

den007 Active Member

And some of us wonder why this site has diminished so. I guess mentioning a notable molder of some rarer species was too rudimentary a reply for some genius that must have known the answer befor he posted. Ask a rudimentary question and get a rudimentary answer......anything wrong with that???

I have a rudimentary comment, but I will save it for a PM to Mr. Ichthyodoucheski.

13. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Icythyodoucheski. Love it! I've got to save that one Den!