1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pennsylvania Taxidermists Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 13th through 15th, 2008
    The 29th Annual <A HREF="http://www.pataxidermy.com/">Pennsylvania Taxidermists Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Blair County Convention Center, Altoona, PA
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:eek:[email protected]">Dan Snyder</A> at (724) 253-4374 or visit the <A HREF="http://www.pataxidermy.com/">PTA website</A>.

2. Becky

Becky Member

Be sure to attend - you won't want to miss out on an excellent lineup of judges and seminar presenters!

Whitetails (Master & Professional Divisions) - Tommy Hall, NC
    Whitetails (Amateur & Jr. Amateur Divisions) - Cary Cochran, OH
    Waterfowl - Scott Lengel, PA
    Birds & Turkeys - Tim Jordan, PA
    Fish - Ken Bauman, OK
    Large Mammals - Kent Stryker, PA
    Small Mammals - Marcus Detring, MO
    Art - Earl Martz, PA
    Commercial Category - Frank Kotula, PA

A HUGE lineup of seminars:

Thursday, March 13th
    9-11 AM - ECT, Inc. & Bruce Rittel - Tanning & Shaving Hides
    9-11 AM - Kent Stryker - Business & Pricing
    3-5 PM - Mike Rohanna - Whitetail Finishing Techniques
    3-5 PM - Ken Zimmerman - Sheep Shoulder Mounts
    6-8 PM - Greg Rue - Mounting a Flying Waterfowl
    6-8 PM - Cary Cochran - Whitetail Ears & Earbutt Anatomy

Friday, March 14th
    9-11 AM - Dennis Behn - Mounting an Elk using the McKenzie cast lip system
    9-11 AM - Alan Stancill - Skinning & Mounting Large Mouth Bass & Fish Anatomy
    2-4 PM - Connie Jordan - Children's Activities/Arts & Crafts
    2-3:30 PM - Marcus Zimmerman - BUSINESS!
    8-9:30 PM - Tim Jordan - Mounting A Flying Turkey
    8-9:30 PM - Tommy Hall - Mounting a Whitetail

Saturday, March 15th
    7:30-9 AM - Ken Bauman - Painting a Reproduction Large Mouth Bass
    7:30-9 AM - Marcus Detring - Bobcat Anatomy & Commercial Forms
    2-4 PM - Christie Mahany-Czarnecki - Children's Activities/Arts & Crafts
    2-4 PM - Joe Ferebee - Mounting Standing Waterfowl
    2-4 PM - John Will - Using Quik-Rock to build artificial bases, ledges, & mountains

3. joey font

joey font Member

PA
    PTA Convention question

Is there anything you need to do before attending a seminar at the convention this week? Is the seating limited or is there enough room to accommodate anyone wishing to attend? I know you have to be a PTA member to attend the convention.

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Re: PTA Convention question

You just need to make sure you get to the seminar room early enough to get a good seat. No need to sign up.

5. duckfeathers

duckfeathers New Member

When you get to the convention you have to pick up your registration package if preregistered. Your packet will have your name tag or tags and an updated agenda. The preregistered packets are beside the line area on the entrance tables and are usually self picked. Look for your name by alphabetical order. If your not preregistered you have to wait in line and pay the registration costs. The seminar rooms are on two levels and are kind of tucked in the rear at opposite ends. They want you to wear the name tag for security reasons. See you there.

6. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Joey just show up. The rest will take care of itself. Just Plan your day and see as many seminars as possible, and what you miss you will be able to buy on DVD! :)

Like Nina said. The more popular seminars you will want to get to early, there are tons of seats but this is a huge show and the rooms can fill up quickly.

Have fun.

7. andythomas

andythomas New Member

see you all tommarow!!!!

8. Nina Lukaszewicz

I can't wait to leave school and finish up my last piece! :p

9. Re: PTA Convention question

will be at PA show early afternoon Thursday Can not wait :)

10. Nina Lukaszewicz

PA Show! (Pics now added)

I'm typing this from my laptop in the hotel. Just got back from the convention center. This is going to be an awesome show! I went to the suppliers area and shopped around for a while, can't wait to go back tomorrow and buy more stuff. I got to meet a lot of my friends from the forums too.

I brought my camera too, so there will be tons of pics for you all in the next few days. Check back ;)

-Nina

11. jmh7331

jmh7331 Northeast Big Buck Club

Re: PA Show!

I just got back a while ago too. Did you go to the ear anatomy class? One of the best classes I've been to. It was a great day, can't wait 'til tomorrow.

12. Nina Lukaszewicz

No, I didn't get to go. :( I wanted to attend, but didn't make it to the center until late because I had to go to the hospital. On the way here, I stopped at a gas station to check my mounts and when I walked out of the trailer, I tripped on my luggage and cut my hand.

13. jmh7331

jmh7331 Northeast Big Buck Club

Sorry to hear that, I hope you're OK. Did you get your stuff there on time? When I get a chance I want to post some of the reference points that were covered in the anatomy class. He broke it down so well.

14. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Nina, is your hand OK? i love to hear about your show. did you get your scores yet. how did you do. a lot of us on the net love to see your progress. the Michigan show is this weekend too. i will be taking a few pictures, but haven't yet figured out how to post a bunch at a time. have fun and enjoy the show.
    bob

15. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

nina, make sure and take your camera to the 3 pm friday seminar of how to shave the head of a texan, LOL michael p is losing his hair, he lost the bet cause we raised 2500 for terf, and we want some "good" pics of it, hope you can make it there, LOL hope your hand is ok to, did you have to get stitches, you know you could have sewn that up yourself, LOL i wanted to come up there with Michael and miranda, but i am swamped in the shop and am doing good to hit oklahoma, arkansas, missouri, loiusiana and texas shows this year, Russ

16. crankin

crankin New Member

WI

good luck Nina and cant wait to see some pics!

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I met Nina & her family tonight. They are a handsome family. I feel sorry for some punk if he tries to do Nina wrong, her dad is a big ol'boy! LOL

On a side note, Miranda & I were very impressed by him, he was telling us how PROUD he is of Nina & you can see how sincere he is when he says it. I love hearing parents brag on their children & Nina is definately one to brag on even if she will not stitch her own self up ;D LOL

18. Mason

Mason Active Member

Me and Linda are hoping to make it up again on Saturday. We had a ball yesterday. But we pulled quite a few srtings to make it then. Not sure if we can pull them again LOL.

Mason Ron and Linda

19. Russell

Russell New Member

PTA SHOW

I am prould to say that there are between 325 to 330 peices enteren in the PA show this year I will get the correct numberthis evening

PS nina hope your hand gets better

Russell O'Neal

20. Re: PA Show!

Nina best of luck to you, keep us posted.