1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Revolution Mule Deer forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bigotto46, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Bigotto46

Bigotto46 New Member

I have been reading the posts on this site for a long time and have picked up so much information from it. First time posting and I hope to get a little feedback. I recently took in a mule deer from North Dakota that was as rutted up as I have ever seen. This deer has a huge fat face and I would like to find a form that fits it the best. I have done plenty of mule deer and it seems like so many forms are a little small in the face for mule deer. I have added clay to beef them up a little but this one has a bigger face than any other one I have seen.

Does anyone have experience using Revolution forms that would be willing to offer up some input on the face of their mule deer forms. Never used one back have been looking into trying them. Also considering using a large WT form from them and just doing a change out head.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. dcooper

dcooper Member

If I'm not mistaken, Revolution uses a mule deer change out head on their deer forms. It's an option for most of their standard forms.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Have you tried The Headquarters taxidermy supply mule deer?

socalmountainman likes this.
  4. Bigotto46

Bigotto46 New Member

Have not tried but I will look into. Thank you.

5. Bigotto46

Bigotto46 New Member

Looks like Headquarters has the best looking head for the deer that I am doing. Might do a change out head on a Jetz form? Customer wants an upright form. I will have to measure the cape after it is tanned to see just how big the neck measurement is. If anyone has any more input on other forms please let me know as it will be a while before I will get to sewing this big guy up. Thanks!!

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem and the Headquarter's one worked great and I love the look of the mounted head.

7. Bigotto46

Bigotto46 New Member

Thanks Tanglewood!!

8. I mounted on a wall pedestal head quarter and the head was way out of proportion, had to re sculpt the nose, jaw and move one eye to match the other. Like they didn't have the sides together when they poured it. I bought some Jetz to try. Head looks really wide and doesn't have allot of detail.