1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tanning

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by edstaxidermy, Dec 30, 2017.

1. edstaxidermy

edstaxidermy New Member

Has any one tried the tanz all product ? Jim Allred sells it I have been using liquid tan . Was thinking about trying this one

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Although I have never used it, I would without hesitation. The person who developed it is a well respected person in the tanning business. Other tans he has developed have been praised for years and I believe this one will be also.

3. Tried it, went back to trubond

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Out of curiosity can you elaborate on why you went back to trubond? (Not knocking either product or your decision to go back to trubond) I have never tried trubond but I have tried Tanzall it seemed OK to me, but I am no expert and I have only used it on one fox and one bobcat. Being that both were developed by the same person (I think?) how much difference could there be?

5. Tanzall was a lot slimier, i imagine because of the oil. They recommended, using their degreaser with it, by that time it ends up a lot more expensive, and in 25 years i have never had to degrease a deer cape.

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Come to think of it suprdave I have to agree. I used the original John Rinehart tanning cream before McKenzie bought him out (and I believe changed the formula) and I have used HQ's tanning cream. Neither was as messy as the Tanzall. Primarily I use EZ-100 these days but maybe one of these days I will try Trubond and see how that works out (after I finish used the rest of the gallon of tanzall I purchased!) Thanks for the response.

7. I too used to use Rinehart tanning cream, Liquitan, pro 1, kwik n ez from rittell, I liked it, but got a little hard to get it, McKenzie tan was ok, but seemed to be a tougher leather with some shrinkage. Used ez100 and lutan f with pro plus oil. I ended up settling with trubond 1000. I have tanned deer pieces saved from all these tans I have used, dating back to around 1991. Pretty interesting to go through these every once in a while. Yes I did save the tanzall ones to go in pile also.