1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" January New Years Edition 2018!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" January New Years Edition 2018!!!!!!!

A Warm welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!! The new year is upon us which means you creating a new year for yourself! Have goals and make plans see them through! As it will be a great year for you! Be safe and be kind to one another as you are the only you and your world matters to many out there! I wish you the best 2018 you can have and the happiest of New Years!

As the world changes and even in our own back yards keep your faith and believe in a life worth living! You are artist and create so much beauty so don’t forget you live the life you want to so make it a beautiful one!

A huge thanks to the countless contributors and to the many great folks who share in this great tradition that has been around for over a decade It is very true that we all begin somewhere and all the learning and work hard that goes in to the pursuit at being is what makes us the taxidermists we become

This tradition of the Month in Fish Pictures has always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show their work without criticism and hard comments! So, let’s remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get too involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

The month in December was a great month for truly inspiring photos so let’s continue the contributions! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

Inspiration in what we share is part of the friendliness and positive observations of fans of fish work. This is a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration other with your work regardless of your skill level as a fish taxidermist or fishcarver!

Be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to say thank you for join me each month for each installment of the Month in Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first-hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginners to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more than great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of January and the New and color fish the Sockeye Salmon!

Be safe and be kind to one another! Happy New Year 2018!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

[​IMG]

JL and Cecil like this.
  2. Ken 2, Cecil and Cory like this.

3. lapoisse

lapoisse Active Member

France
    Salmo trutta lacustris 97 cm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ken 2 and Cecil like this.
  4. A_Rayner

A_Rayner New Member

I managed to get this one out the door Christmas Eve for my customer to have for her family for Christmas Day. Reproduction Alaskan Yelloweye Rockfish, it was a fun piece to be able to do.
    [​IMG]

5. antlermike

antlermike Active Member

11 lb Florida Bass for customer

Attached Files:

Ken 2 likes this.
  6. amigo

amigo No habla Espanol

[​IMG]

JL, bennie, Ken 2 and 2 others like this.
  7. Hallo guys.
    I can not wait the wood frame for my 17.3 in (3.63 lb) half European Perch Underwater Scene replica (my 2018 fishwork start).

Attached Files:

Cecil likes this.
  8. Easy seam work and fins attachment on this blank. None ;).
    23,6"×11,8".

Attached Files:

9. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

65 inch lake sturgeon pedestal replica
    [​IMG]

bennie, Ken 2, Cecil and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" January New Years Edition 2018!!!!!!!

Not sure how it's going to be displayed; I did it for another taxidermist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kerby Ross and Cecil like this.
  11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

That Sturgeon is incredible...... Well done.

The half cast thing is super sweet too. Never would've guessed that.

Cecil likes this.
  12. Jimmy Lawrence

Huge 13lb replica from Kenneth Bauman. Blank was super nice. I notched the fins to match reference, and also included the peach lower fins, and dark spot on the rear of the dorsal fin. Pretty sweet fish. Thanks for the good blank Kenny.
    [​IMG]
    Side Detail
    [​IMG]
    Head details
    [​IMG]

Here is the largest bluegill I've ever seen. It was 11.25'' long and had a girth of 15.5''. Just an insane specimen. Custom mold and cast.
    [​IMG]
    closer pic
    [​IMG]
    Head shot with painted lense.
    [​IMG]
    Scales
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking

JL, bennie, Ken 2 and 5 others like this.
  13. 12 3/4" Shell Cracker reproduction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

As always nice stuff Jimmy. Did you get the bluegill to cast from Dr. Bruce Condello or Bob Lusk by any chance?

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Cecil,

This was a wild caught fish from here where i live. The pond isn't managed , and fish aren't fed. Just a freak deal. Lots of 11" fish but none with the girth and dynamics of this fish.

Cecil likes this.
  16. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

That's cool! Maybe a natural polyploid fish?

17. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

026253A7-1DA8-4D39-A58B-6ABFEF407113.jpeg 5ECE1D2C-9CFC-495D-BB4D-22AD756B2C38.jpeg Pic went away.
    65 inch lake sturgeon pedestal replica

18. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Awesome work this month as always! Here's a little ol 10 lbs skin mount .
    Tommy 20170530_114459-1.jpg

Cecil likes this.
  19. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

2016 Gambill, Rick  (9).jpg Just a quick test to see how large of a file we can actually upload...

Cecil likes this.
  20. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Ok, so the image above was 2.27 mb and loaded no problem. I couldn't get a full large size photo from my "original " hd library to load 5.5 mb. Don't know what the size limit actually is but this is something we've been looking for for quite some time.. Hopefully this will ignite more people to share now that most photos won't have to be shrunk to post..... And a like option to boot.. Imagine that..:)

JL and Cecil like this.