1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2018 What's on your Workbench

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by BrookeSFD16, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Oh hell naw.

Wildthings likes this.
  2. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Just finished up this Gould's. They sure do eat up the time. IMG_1132.JPG IMG_1148.JPG IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1136crop.jpg

3. Very nice! I recently attempted my first duck mount several days ago and posted in The beginner forum. It just so happened to be a pintail in a similar pose. I just posted more pictures after drying. I notice that my tertials and scapulars are not in the right place, compared to your mount here. Do you mind sharing how you get them in that position? Thanks for any advice.

rogerswildlife likes this.
  4. BrookeSFD16

I took off a couple shifts from the FD to try and finish up for the year. Been a productive week. Had several firsts for me. 3 diving surf scoters and my first hybrid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

360Concealment, benp, duxrus and 7 others like this.
  5. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Thank y
    Thank you Kenneth , I look over your post in the beginner section congrats on getting your first one mounted . I take several carcass measurements and try to put back in what I take out . That's very important if your form is to big your gonna fight it . And if any of your attachment points are off by just a little it can throw everything off . Flesh wash and dry thoroughly makes grooming a lot easier. And use a lot of good reference of live birds . Hope this helps
    Tommy

360Concealment and KennethShane like this.
  6. johnb1

johnb1 Well-Known Member

Two end tables in the works. 20180815_122526.jpg

7. BrookeSFD16

Woody week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rigbobby

rigbobby Active Member

That wood duck head is beautiful. What a wonderful job. Thanks for showing it.

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful crest on that woody, great job

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  10. BrookeSFD16

[​IMG]

More Woodies

11. johnb1

johnb1 Well-Known Member

Smok,n wooducks,brook!
    A NJ,speck,rare for these parts. 20180820_125928.jpg

12. BrookeSFD16

Wow nice! I love a dead mount! Thanks for the compliment. Got a couple more to do still.

Also in case any of yall go to use this particular habitat from McKenzie. You can't fit a whole duck in the hole. I mounted the hen and then had to take a hacksaw and cut the butt off.

[​IMG]

13. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Nice work every one.!

Great looking dead speck JB1.. You have got to show the finish products on those end tables -- SSAAAWWEEEETTTT!

Brooke you are bad to the bone!! Awesome head on that guy hope he dries that smooth!!

Made a backboard today for these mallards and pinny. Still have one more greenhead to add and I think there will be a shelf and he will be laying on it with his head hanging off

fgfgfg.jpg

14. johnb1

johnb1 Well-Known Member

Keeping in the theme. 20180821_144521.jpg

15. Wildthings

Very clean and sharp looking Woodie JB1

16. BrookeSFD16

I cant remember the last time I mounted a flying Woody. Looks great love the pose.

17. BrookeSFD16

Last Woody for a while

[​IMG]

18. Wildthings

Added the shelf and a laying dead mallard. Now to let them dry, tweak 'em, add the leather strap and call it done. One more flying mallard and I'll get to tackle a Grey Fox with a hoodie drake in it's mouth

IMG_4425.jpg

19. BrookeSFD16

Wow Barry that deadmount turned out awesome!

Tom Maul and Wildthings like this.