1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2018 What's on your Workbench

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by BrookeSFD16, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Female common pochard
    IMG_20180426_122820.jpg
    Common tern

Sterna comune000062.JPG

2. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Some awesome work being posted

bucksnort10 likes this.

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

Brooke, have you ever tried removing goose wings washing drying separate then wiring and attaching fresh to mount.... works great and makes the wingless skin more manageable... you can even do wings separate wash dry wrap wire then freeze them until you mount bird then.....

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

This method works great on turkeys also.

5. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

And Cranes

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  6. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Byrdman. Yes I've done it. Did it on that Swan last year. It does help. I guess the biggest thing for me is that I just don't like fooling with the bigger birds. Seems everything is just so clumsy. Especially when it comes to assembly. Plus our shop is small and I share it with all of Randy's deer mounting stuff.

Y'all gotta remember....I do Taxidermy for fun money. We use all our Taxidermy money to pay for hunting stuff. We're blessed to have Randy's pention and my salary (soon to be pention) so for us Taxidermy is basically a hobby. With that said hobbies are supposed to be fun....and for me anything bigger than a Mallard isn't fun.

7. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

so then dont stop doing geese... just raise your price on them so you will "enjoy" them more

Wildthings and 3bears like this.