1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tannery problems

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ARCHERSTAXIDERMY, Jan 3, 2018.

1. ARCHERSTAXIDERMY

ARCHERSTAXIDERMY Member

So what do you do when you can’t get ahold of your tannery? I’ve called them dozens of times since end of November, emailed them if it’s the right email anymore, I’ve talked to them on fb and they say they will call me. I know with holidays everything get but with not working and spending time with family.They have a buddy and mines African hides that they have had since middle of February. I have gotten all of them but 4, I received all the other in September. I have used this tannery before and never a problem at all. Guy that went with me is getting upset and wanting to get a lawyer, but I keep telling him they will come through. I don’t want to mention what company it is but they are well known

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Been through this with more than one place. How far are they from you? Roadtrip.

3. ARCHERSTAXIDERMY

ARCHERSTAXIDERMY Member

They’re 8 hours away

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

you should post who they are so everyone can be aware about them

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

It would be worth the drive to get a face to face if it was me.

lrc1492 likes this.
  6. McCoy Taxidermy

McCoy Taxidermy Member

I’ve had the same problem.Im still trying to get my hides from the tannery. It’s been over a year, think it’s getting pretty ridiculous. What tannery are you using? The tannery I’m using is East Coast Tannery, which will be my last time.I met Joe and Eric many years ago at the PA show really nice guys. I’ve used them now for 7-8 years never had a issue til now. They never answer shop phone I’ve tried since November can’t leave a message cause inbox is full. So not sure how to get ahold of them. If I didn’t live 10 plus hours away I’d drive up there.

7. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

10hrs away is a long trip, but I think I would do it. You need to resolve this for your customers...and your own knowledge.

8. lrc1492

lrc1492 Member

I would definitely make that drive and see what’s going on.

9. headstuffer84

headstuffer84 New Member

Several years ago i sent some capes and a bobcat to East Coast. It turned out being a nightmare. They were absolutely the rudest people I ever did business with. Their tanning sucked.

10. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

In the same boat with the same tannery. 5 African capes along with backhides. Picked up Dec 13th 2016. No response. Its a shame, been using them for years. Don't know what the problem is. Customer wants to make a road trip.

11. gab

gab Active Member

is that the same guy that's always posting on facebook all the fresh tanned stuff he has for sale?Sounds like he's tanning his own stuff and ignoring customers

12. Falcon32

Falcon32 Member

You should let us know the name of company that way we can prevent something like that from happening again

13. McCoy Taxidermy

McCoy Taxidermy Member

yes that’s him Joe Nitterour

14. jason.fairbanks

jason.fairbanks Member

I quit using Wildlife Gallery for this very reason. I had no issues for 4 years then turn around time literally tripled and quality tanked. They ruined 2 capes in less than 6 months and when I called they told me both ruined caped passed quality control inspections. Good luck!

15. McCoy Taxidermy

McCoy Taxidermy Member

What tannery do you use now

16. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Ive never sent anything to East Coast for tanning but I have bought capes or life size from him on a number of occaisions. Joe has always been easy to work with. He has gotten busy and forgot about me a time or two, but has always got right back on it when I called back and he made everything right. His tans were good quality and always exactly as stated in his ad. I wouldn’t hesitate, from my experience, to use him. I’m not trying to refute the experience referenced here, I just thought I would share my experience to keep that in the mix.