1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Upgrade Coming Soon: Old outgoing PMs will be lost!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Within the next few weeks, the Taxidermy Net website will undergo a major upgrade. We will be migrating the Forum into a new, updated system that will greatly enhance the users' experience.

The new system will allow for easy uploading of photos and videos from smartphones or computers and will have many new features to make visiting the Forum much more like a Facebook-type experience.

Your usernames and passwords will remain the same. Your old posts will still be intact, as well as all of your Personal Messages that you have recieved.

Unfortunately, one thing that will NOT survive the migration is your "Sent Items" in the Personal Message system. If there is any critical information located in your archived outgoing PMs, you will need to copy those messages before the upgrade takes place.

IF you want to save any of the PMs you have sent in the past, visit

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php?action=pm;f=sent

and go through your sent messages, copying any information you may need in the future. You can highlight messages you want to save, copy the text, and paste it into any text editing program or word-processing program. Or you can paste the text into your email program, and send the copy to yourself for safekeeping.

2. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning Ken. I don't do much PM'ing but it was interesting to read through the messages.

I hope the new format will re-vitalize the Taxidermy.net. I visit here daily but now-a-days rarely have time to make posts. If it become easier, perhaps more people will contribute.

On a side note, I thank you and the institution(s) that funds this site to keep it up and running, and the keep all the archives in existence. Many contributors have poured excellent information into this information highway, and loosing it would be a shame.

Hope you are having a excellent New Year.

3. Allie

Allie Member

X2 what PA said.

As I was copying them last night, I read my first introductory letter to Skywalker from exactly 5 years ago, to the day. Who'da thunk I'd still be working on Big Fur 5 years later! I promise to get it done by the end of this year! Coming Soon, as I like to say.

4. Will all the photo bucket pictures that are now gone be cleaned up also.

5. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

No, those missing photos are a result of PhotoBucket's new policy, which forces members to pay hundreds of dollars per year to allow third-party image hosting. This sudden and unexpected change in service has ruined thousands of blogs and bulletin boards all across the internet.

Here are some alternatives to PhotoBucket which still offer free third-party hosting: https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

If the original author of the post still has access to the photos that were hosted by PhotoBucket, they can modify the old post to include the new image addresses.