1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Is it just me or......?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by socalmountainman, Jan 6, 2018.

1. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I frequent the For Sale section of the forum, always looking for that great deal on equipment and supplies. I am amazed at how many sellers are new to the forum and have only one post or a couple. That may be they just heard of the forum and found this forum to be the best place to sell an item. This by itself would not prevent me from making a purchase but I will always check the profile of the seller to find out more about them and that's where the problem is. Maybe I'm paranoid with all the scammers out there but, if you are a seller and the only information on your profile is the day you joined, I'm not buying from you. I don't know, maybe it's just me.....

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

its not just you. its good to care full.

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Right tem. You cant be too careful. With new sellers and no established record on here it would be paypal only. No exception in my book.

4. socalmountainman

Yup PayPal for sure. Also, I don't know why sellers wouldn't accept paypal. I saw a mini-flesher for sale on here for one-half of what they sell for but the seller would only take check or money order... really? That's why it's still for sale. Why wouldn't the seller prefer INSTANT cash instead of waiting for snail mail and why wouldn't I as a seller want the protections against fraud from PayPal? Just saying.....

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Because PayPal always sides with buyers in disputes AND will screw with your bank account if you try and fight them. You couldn't pay me to use them.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I never used PayPal and never lost a sale.

:)

Kerby...

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I agree with Jim, no pp account for me. I wish we had the magic answer for scammers etc, but the best i can do is suggest this...please take the time to read back through "buyers and sellers", and dont be afraid to use that category to ask if others have used what looks like a new seller. Sometimes its just folks who forgot their passwords or have been inactive and started new accounts. Other times its POS trying to cheat you though, too.

8. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I've used PayPal for my business for at least seven years with no problems. To me it's like cash money.

9. socalmountainman

Guys, it's not about the Paypal, it's about sending any monies to someone who hides their identity behind a user name. Go to my profile and you can see my age, my address, my website address, everything. I have nothing to hide and I want all of you to know me. If I decide to sell something on this forum I don't think anyone would hesitate to do business with me. That's all. I am not sending a money order or check to someone who fails to fill out basic information on who they are.

pir^2h likes this.
  10. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

X2

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Screw PayPal. I enrolled years back and had nothing but grief from them. I even refuse to do business with people who do use it. I tell them I'll send them a business check and they can wait until it clears, but will not use it. I had fraudulent charges and went through hell to get them eliminated, then they screwed with my business account. That was years back and just yesterday, I got a "notification" that I hadn't filled someone's order. I accept valid major credit cards through Square and have proof of sales along with deposits within a day.

freeze_1 and Kerby Ross like this.
  12. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Same with the C.C. companies.