1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie 8400???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Jdeville, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Jdeville

Jdeville New Member

Looking at using this form. I have one at the taxidermist that is going on a mckenzie 6300 and am thinking a 8400 for the deer i dropped off today. Does anyone have pics of the 8400? Would love to see how it looks on diff deer! Open to suggestions just not looking for something to wild.

Thanks!

2. Jdeville

Jdeville New Member

Ive searched the page with not a whole lot of luck. Please anybody with pics of the 8400 is appreciated. 21 inch neck is what the deer is. Thank yall

3. buckman170

buckman170 Member

I'm my opinion there's better options out there for a semi up form. Check out OTS, mears, Matuska, revolution all make some really nice semi up forms. There are lots of pictures in the archives of deer in semi up poses. Good luck

4. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

100% JUNK!!! Worst forms of all time!!!!!!!!!!

5. Jdeville

Jdeville New Member

Really???? Dang i hate to hear that, i was really liking how it looked. I have one on a 8600 and love it but liked the extra shoulder area on the 8400 so i was wanting to try it. Why is it no good?

6. buckman170

buckman170 Member

If your not the one mounting it, and your taxidermist doesn't mind using that form, then go with it. It's the taxidermist that makes the mount, the form is just a base to start.

7. Jdeville

Jdeville New Member

He has done a 8600 for me and Does a great job and said he likes the 8400 also. So i figured i would try it out but wanted opinions! He also has done a Coombs 9500 and is doing a McKenzie 6300 as of now. It wont let me post pics or i would show yall the 8600 he did.

8. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Just punch the form number in search should have some pictures . ;)